†Evil Society† Official Forum (WOLFNETWORK)
Welcome to Evil Society MU Community! Please log in or register whether or not you're a member.
Have a good day!
Welcome to Evil Society MU Community! Please log in or register whether or not you're a member.
Have a good day!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home†Welcome†Latest imagesRegisterLog in
:: Welcome To Critical MU Community Forum ::
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» *Redemption Guild* Coming Soon...
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby Poseidon Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:56 am

» Suggestion: Create a Ventrilo...
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby Poseidon Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:45 am

» Urbandub... Try to listen this playlist...
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby Poseidon Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:42 am

» My char
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby EvilMind Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:26 am

» Just asking
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby TimeSlasher Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:35 am

» NEW CLIENT !!!!
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby killerhole Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 am

» Want a Free FO Set? Click Me! (Actual Event)
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby ♥Cursiii♥ Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 am

» Click Here For Free Stats! (Actual Event)
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby killerhole Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 am

» Random Screenies with TGM Sunrise
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby Xia0s0nZ Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:58 pm

» What is the use of the points writen below our AVARTAR...
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Emptyby TimeSlasher Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Top posters
Deimon (542)
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer I_vote_lcap5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer I_voting_bar5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer I_vote_rcap 
Poseidon (408)
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer I_vote_lcap5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer I_voting_bar5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer I_vote_rcap 
MaiS (303)
Tauri (292)
VoDich (286)
EvilMind (257)
AlviNz (187)
♥Cursiii♥ (185)
TimeSlasher (179)
Avenger (155)
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Advertisement

Watch Naruto Online
Statistics
We have 262 registered users
The newest registered user is xdss

Our users have posted a total of 5118 messages in 374 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 44 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 am

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer

Go down 
+2
Poseidon
Muffin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Muffin
Muffin

Male
Number of posts : 104
Job/hobbies : Making People Smile with My Delecious Fillings
Humor : Half-baked
Creativity :
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1005 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Right_bar_bleue

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1005 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Right_bar_bleue

Mood : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Mellow
Registration date : 2010-03-02

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Empty
PostSubject: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:10 pm

We all want our computers to be fast. And there are a lot of ways to speed them up – you could upgrade your hardware (adding RAM is the easiest solution), use lots of Registry edits, disable various services, etc. But if you are looking for a fast and easy way to improve your computer speed and performance, here are 5 tips that will not harm your computer in any way and will make it run a lot faster.

1) Speed Up Windows Explorer

If you feel that Windows Explorer takes too much time to start, there is a thing you can do to speed it up. The reason it is slow if because Windows automatically looks for network files, shared folders, and devices when you start Windows Explorer. You can disable this option by doing the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Click on Tools menu
3. Then click on Folder Options
4. Click on the View tab
5. Find Automatically search for network folders and printers check box and uncheck it
6. Click Apply, then OK
7. Reboot

2) Optimize Appearance Settings

If performance is the highest priority for you, I’d recommend optimizing appearance setting, because all those visual effects that we are so used waste system resources. Some people think that it’s only the graphics card that has to deal with it all. Wrong – CPU and RAM are affected as well. And Vista is even worse in this respect, because its graphics are more advanced and slow down your PC a lot.

Luckily it’s very easy to configure XP for best performance by reducing unneeded visual effects:

1. Go to Start – Settings - Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel click System and go to Advanced tab
3. In the Performance Options window select Adjust for best performance
4. Click OK and close the window

By doing this you will turn off all visual effects, which is especially good for less powerful PCs and laptops. But if you’d still like Windows XP to look nicer, leave the following boxes ticked:

* Show shadows under menus
* Show shadows under mouse pointer
* Show translucent selection rectangle
* Use drop shadows for icons labels on the desktop
* Use visual styles on windows and buttons

3) Uninstall Unused Device Drivers

There is absolutely no need to have device drivers left if the device itself was uninstalled. You don’t want those drivers to waste system resources, right? Because anyway you don’t need them anymore. This happens because you install its drivers when installing a device, and those drivers get called each time you boot up your PC. The bad thing is that even when the device has been uninstalled, the drivers are still there and your system continues to load them at boot up.

To get rid of them:

1. Press the Windows key + the Break key on your keyboard to open the System Properties box

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Untitled-2

2. Select the Advanced tab

3. Click Environmental Variables

4. Under System variables click New

5. In the variable box type devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices

6. Type 1 in the variable value text box

7. Click Ok and return to the System Properties box

8. Click Ok again

9. Go to the Device Manager tab

10. Click View – Show hidden devices

Then you need to expand all branches and search washed out icons – they show unused drivers that you can remove. To remove a driver, highlight it, right-click on it, and select Remove. Be careful though, because you don’t want to delete any used drivers! So make sure you delete ONLY washed out icons.

4) Remove Software You Don’t Need

Most people like trying out new software. So, we download programs, install them, and… sometimes never use them at all. Why keep them then? Because having too many applications makes your computer slow on starup. Go to Start – Settings – Control Panel – double-click Add/Remove Programs.

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Untitled-31

Check which programs you don’t need and get rid of them.

When Uninstalling Software Fails

Sometimes removing software can cause problems. A very common one is that some programs leave some data behind and your system gets cluttered with junk files.

And sometimes the uninstaller doesn’t work at all. But not to worry – you can always remove the software manually. What you will have to do is find the folder where the program is installed. Usually it’s the Program Files directory. Find the software folder and delete it. If some files don’t want to be deleted, try restarting your computer. This will help if the files were used by the system. If you still can’t remove those files, try booting in Safe Mode (tap F8 during PC boot) and then delete the files.

After that you need to get rid of invalid Registry entries. Microsoft has a free Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to help you do that. Install and open it and then select the program you want to uninstall from the list. The utility will remove all registry entries related to that application. I suggest backing up the Registry before you do this. Just in case.

Another way to cleanup the Registry is to use a third party Registry cleaner. Always be careful and use ONLY well-known and trusted software that has received positive user reviews. There are lots of programs that say they are great, but in reality they can do more harm than good.

A very simple way to uninstall programs without having to worry about it at all is to use a software uninstaller. Those uninstallers find and remove all entries related to the software you are uninstalling and get rid of it all in one go.

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Untitled-4

A good program for that is Auslogics BoostSpeed, because it contains both an uninstaller and a Registry cleaner, plus lots of other useful utilities to optimize and protect your system.

5) Disable Indexing Services

Indexing can be useful, but can also make your computer slow and loud, as it takes up RAM and makes the hard drive thrash. This service is used to update the lists of all the files that are on your computer, so that you can search for files faster. Disabling it will make your search a bit slower, but your computer a lot faster. I recommend disabling it.

* Go to Start - Settings – Control Panel
* Double-click Add/Remove Programs
* Click Add/Remove Windows Components
* Uncheck Indexing Services
* Click Next and then click Finish

Quote :
http://www.techiesouls.com/2009/06/15/5-simple-ways-to-speed-up-your-computer/

Last edited by Muffin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfnetzero.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&am
Poseidon
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
Poseidon

Male
Number of posts : 408
Job/hobbies : Football
Humor : If you want someone to keep your secret, first keep it yourself
Creativity :
5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1005 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Right_bar_bleue

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1005 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Right_bar_bleue

Mood : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Busy
Warning : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Yourock
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Thank you Muffin for sharing .
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfnetzero.com
Avenger
Adolescent
Adolescent
Avenger

Male
Number of posts : 155
Creativity :

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Left_bar_bleue87 / 10087 / 1005 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Right_bar_bleue

Mood : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Busy
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 pm

thanks muffin ill try it ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfnetzero.com
Deimon
Game Master
Game Master
Deimon

Male
Number of posts : 542
Job/hobbies : Playing MU, surfing the net and playing Farmville
Creativity :

Mood : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Sleepy
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 pm

thank you muffin. i expect more.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Muffin
Muffin

Male
Number of posts : 104
Job/hobbies : Making People Smile with My Delecious Fillings
Humor : Half-baked
Creativity :

Mood : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Mellow
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks for the great feedback guys, if you have trouble executing some programs regarding this guide please post it. More stuff to come, please suggest any guides you want me to post next time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfnetzero.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&am
killerhole
killerhole

Number of posts : 22
Creativity :

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Muffin wrote:
We all want our computers to be fast. And there are a lot of ways to speed them up – you could upgrade your hardware (adding RAM is the easiest solution), use lots of Registry edits, disable various services, etc. But if you are looking for a fast and easy way to improve your computer speed and performance, here are 5 tips that will not harm your computer in any way and will make it run a lot faster.

1) Speed Up Windows Explorer

If you feel that Windows Explorer takes too much time to start, there is a thing you can do to speed it up. The reason it is slow if because Windows automatically looks for network files, shared folders, and devices when you start Windows Explorer. You can disable this option by doing the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Click on Tools menu
3. Then click on Folder Options
4. Click on the View tab
5. Find Automatically search for network folders and printers check box and uncheck it
6. Click Apply, then OK
7. Reboot

2) Optimize Appearance Settings

If performance is the highest priority for you, I’d recommend optimizing appearance setting, because all those visual effects that we are so used waste system resources. Some people think that it’s only the graphics card that has to deal with it all. Wrong – CPU and RAM are affected as well. And Vista is even worse in this respect, because its graphics are more advanced and slow down your PC a lot.

Luckily it’s very easy to configure XP for best performance by reducing unneeded visual effects:

1. Go to Start – Settings - Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel click System and go to Advanced tab
3. In the Performance Options window select Adjust for best performance
4. Click OK and close the window

By doing this you will turn off all visual effects, which is especially good for less powerful PCs and laptops. But if you’d still like Windows XP to look nicer, leave the following boxes ticked:

* Show shadows under menus
* Show shadows under mouse pointer
* Show translucent selection rectangle
* Use drop shadows for icons labels on the desktop
* Use visual styles on windows and buttons

3) Uninstall Unused Device Drivers

There is absolutely no need to have device drivers left if the device itself was uninstalled. You don’t want those drivers to waste system resources, right? Because anyway you don’t need them anymore. This happens because you install its drivers when installing a device, and those drivers get called each time you boot up your PC. The bad thing is that even when the device has been uninstalled, the drivers are still there and your system continues to load them at boot up.

To get rid of them:

1. Press the Windows key + the Break key on your keyboard to open the System Properties box

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Untitled-2

2. Select the Advanced tab

3. Click Environmental Variables

4. Under System variables click New

5. In the variable box type devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices

6. Type 1 in the variable value text box

7. Click Ok and return to the System Properties box

8. Click Ok again

9. Go to the Device Manager tab

10. Click View – Show hidden devices

Then you need to expand all branches and search washed out icons – they show unused drivers that you can remove. To remove a driver, highlight it, right-click on it, and select Remove. Be careful though, because you don’t want to delete any used drivers! So make sure you delete ONLY washed out icons.

4) Remove Software You Don’t Need

Most people like trying out new software. So, we download programs, install them, and… sometimes never use them at all. Why keep them then? Because having too many applications makes your computer slow on starup. Go to Start – Settings – Control Panel – double-click Add/Remove Programs.

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Untitled-31

Check which programs you don’t need and get rid of them.

When Uninstalling Software Fails

Sometimes removing software can cause problems. A very common one is that some programs leave some data behind and your system gets cluttered with junk files.

And sometimes the uninstaller doesn’t work at all. But not to worry – you can always remove the software manually. What you will have to do is find the folder where the program is installed. Usually it’s the Program Files directory. Find the software folder and delete it. If some files don’t want to be deleted, try restarting your computer. This will help if the files were used by the system. If you still can’t remove those files, try booting in Safe Mode (tap F8 during PC boot) and then delete the files.

After that you need to get rid of invalid Registry entries. Microsoft has a free Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to help you do that. Install and open it and then select the program you want to uninstall from the list. The utility will remove all registry entries related to that application. I suggest backing up the Registry before you do this. Just in case.

Another way to cleanup the Registry is to use a third party Registry cleaner. Always be careful and use ONLY well-known and trusted software that has received positive user reviews. There are lots of programs that say they are great, but in reality they can do more harm than good.

A very simple way to uninstall programs without having to worry about it at all is to use a software uninstaller. Those uninstallers find and remove all entries related to the software you are uninstalling and get rid of it all in one go.

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Untitled-4

A good program for that is Auslogics BoostSpeed, because it contains both an uninstaller and a Registry cleaner, plus lots of other useful utilities to optimize and protect your system.

5) Disable Indexing Services

Indexing can be useful, but can also make your computer slow and loud, as it takes up RAM and makes the hard drive thrash. This service is used to update the lists of all the files that are on your computer, so that you can search for files faster. Disabling it will make your search a bit slower, but your computer a lot faster. I recommend disabling it.

* Go to Start - Settings – Control Panel
* Double-click Add/Remove Programs
* Click Add/Remove Windows Components
* Uncheck Indexing Services
* Click Next and then click Finish

Quote :
http://www.techiesouls.com/2009/06/15/5-simple-ways-to-speed-up-your-computer/

thanks...

it helps a lot...
Back to top Go down
TimeSlasher
Game Administrator
Game Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 179
Creativity :

Mood : 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Relaxed
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:54 pm

These tips are useful. Very Happy

Well how about you open your computer on the side and clean all the dust outside and inside of computer? That helps too. :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer   5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer
Page 1 of 1