†Evil Society† Official Forum (WOLFNETWORK)
Welcome to Evil Society MU Community! Please log in or register whether or not you're a member.
Have a good day!
Welcome to Evil Society MU Community! Please log in or register whether or not you're a member.
Have a good day!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home†Welcome†Latest imagesRegisterLog in
:: Welcome To Critical MU Community Forum ::
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» *Redemption Guild* Coming Soon...
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby Poseidon Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:56 am

» Suggestion: Create a Ventrilo...
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby Poseidon Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:45 am

» Urbandub... Try to listen this playlist...
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby Poseidon Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:42 am

» My char
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby EvilMind Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:26 am

» Just asking
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby TimeSlasher Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:35 am

» NEW CLIENT !!!!
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby killerhole Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 am

» Want a Free FO Set? Click Me! (Actual Event)
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby ♥Cursiii♥ Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 am

» Click Here For Free Stats! (Actual Event)
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby killerhole Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 am

» Random Screenies with TGM Sunrise
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby Xia0s0nZ Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:58 pm

» What is the use of the points writen below our AVARTAR...
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Emptyby TimeSlasher Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Top posters
Deimon (542)
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_lcapIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_voting_barIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_rcap 
Poseidon (408)
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_lcapIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_voting_barIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_rcap 
MaiS (303)
Tauri (292)
VoDich (286)
EvilMind (257)
AlviNz (187)
♥Cursiii♥ (185)
TimeSlasher (179)
Avenger (155)
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Advertisement

Watch Naruto Online
Statistics
We have 262 registered users
The newest registered user is xdss

Our users have posted a total of 5118 messages in 374 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 44 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 am

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox

Go down 
+4
♥Cursiii♥
zoose1
MaiS
Muffin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Muffin
Muffin

Male
Number of posts : 104
Job/hobbies : Making People Smile with My Delecious Fillings
Humor : Half-baked
Creativity :
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Mellow
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Empty
PostSubject: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Note: May not work with other version of Firefox so use at your own Risk. Don't use this if your not familiar with the commands and Firefox, ask help from a professional.

There have been tons of Firefox hacks out there that have been covered to date, but we've recently taken some time out and run a side-by-side comparison on a couple of identical computers from the internet shop we had laying around. What did we find? You can essentially double your browsing speed if you're currently on a broadband connection if you just run a few simple tweaks. We have a set of three. That's not too many for you, right? Now let's get started.

Basically, what we found is that Firefox tends to eat a lot of RAM in exchange for quicker launching and handling of the browser. It's a pretty steep trade-off, and for those of us with tons of RAM and a broadband connection usually end up seeing no difference or at times, even slower performance than if these restrictions weren't enabled by default. Here's how to take them off and harness the full power of Firefox:

Reduce the amount of RAM Firefox uses for it’s cache feature

Try this:

Type "about:config" in the address bar of the Firefox browser.
Find “browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers” with the help of filter searching.
Set it’s value to "0"

Increase the Speed in Which Firefox loads pages

Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit Enter. (Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.)

Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”.
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”.
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to "10".

This means it will make 10 requests at once.

Lastly, right-click anywhere in the browser and select New > Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0“;

This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives. If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages faster now.

Optionally (for even faster web browsing) here are some more options for your about:config. You might have to create some of these entries by Right Click then "New > Interger" or "New > String".

set “network.dns.disableIPv6” to “false”;
set “content.notify.backoffcount”: to “5”;
set “ui.submenuDelay” to “0”;

Reduce RAM usage to 10mb when Firefox is minimized

This little hack will drop Firefox’s RAM usage down to 10 Mb when minimized:

Open Firefox and type "about:config" in the address bar then press Enter.
Right Click in the page and select "New > Boolean".
In the box that pops up enter “config.trim_on_minimize” and hit Enter.
Now select "true and then press Enter.
Restart Firefox.

These simple tweaks will make your web browsing with Mozilla Firefox at least twice as fast and it's a pretty simple thing anybody can do. Enjoy and let us know if these steps helped you and remember do not include the quotes! Especial Thank to Michael[justify]

Last edited by Muffin on Sun May 16, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfnetzero.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&am
MaiS
Former Staff
Former Staff
MaiS

Male
Number of posts : 303
Job/hobbies : Studies
Humor : ~~
Creativity :
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Busy
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Thx for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.billakosbillys.xtreemhost.com
zoose1
zoose1

Number of posts : 7
Creativity :

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Warning : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox 29728194
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 pm

thanks muffin it works well
Back to top Go down
♥Cursiii♥
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
♥Cursiii♥

Male
Number of posts : 185
Creativity :

Mood : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Relaxed
Warning : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Bannedg

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Note: This is not recommended, use at ur own Risk..

Dont use this if ur not familiar with the commands and firefox, ask help from a professional.

Muffin, add this at the start of ur post
Back to top Go down
http://CursedTheOne@yahoo.com
Tauri
Former Staff
Former Staff
Tauri

Male
Number of posts : 292
Job/hobbies : LOL
Humor : Come, Ye Children, Listen To Me. I Will Teach You The Fear Of The Lord
Creativity :
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Cheerful
Warning : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Yourock
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:02 am

Give me something that speeds up Google Chrome. xD
Back to top Go down
http://orkut.com
Deimon
Game Master
Game Master
Deimon

Male
Number of posts : 542
Job/hobbies : Playing MU, surfing the net and playing Farmville
Creativity :

Mood : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Sleepy
Warning : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Yourock

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:56 am

and again, Mais wins the match for heacy weight champion belt!! haha! thank you bro, it helps a lot
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Muffin
Muffin

Male
Number of posts : 104
Job/hobbies : Making People Smile with My Delecious Fillings
Humor : Half-baked
Creativity :

Mood : Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Mellow
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptySat May 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys, I know some of you guys have doubts with this tweaks but it is completely safe. But if something bad might happens to it while tweaking, it will only cause system error to the Firefox browser and not to you PC systems. But still if you are caution with the safety of you system please don't use this.

Tauri wrote:
Give me something that speeds up Google Chrome. xD

Well Tauri, Firefox is the only browser I have been always using, but I will try to find some tweaks with Chrome. In the mean time fell free to use this and surf like you never surf before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfnetzero.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&am
killerhole
killerhole

Number of posts : 22
Creativity :

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:25 pm

how can i default the settings???
Back to top Go down
Nova
Nova

Number of posts : 10
Creativity :

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:18 pm

This works if you do it properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Empty

Back to top Go down

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox
Page 1 of 1